Benaulim beach is in the south Goa and is located between Sernabatim and Varca Beach. The number of people here is fewer than that in the other beaches. Apart from the regular restaurants, bars, and nightclubs, there are also temples and old houses here along with churches too. This beach is only 10 kilometres away from the Margao city that is the largest in south Goa. This is one of the calm beaches of South Goa. It remains peaceful and calm even in the tourist season and is an outstanding place for relaxation.
1. The closest airport to the Benaulim Beach is the Dabolim International Airport at a distance of 23.2 kilometres.
2. The closest railway station to this beach is Margao at a distance of 5.4 kilometres.
3. The beach has a very developed infrastructure. There are cafes, shops, ATMs, tattoo parlors, restaurants, banks, and bars here.
4. There are also varieties of water sports available here such as banana boats, speed boats, windsurfing, parasailing, and jet skiing. There are also dolphin sighting trips and fishing trips here. There are not many big rocks here and the sea is safe for swimming.
5. The places of interest in this place are the Our Lady of Mercy Church, Goa Chitra Museum, St. Christopher Church, and the Holy Trinity Church.
6. The beach is full of parlours and Spa & ayurveda centres for Ayurvedic treatments.
7. Benaulim Beach has one of the most happening nightlife in Goa.
Benaulim is not as crowded as the popular beaches of North Goa. It is in the winters that most people visit the beach during the winter season. The sun during this season is not as scorching as the summers. The weather is very nice in this season and comfortable for sightseeing too. The shacks are also opened during this time and the restaurants and bars are also full. Winter is also the perfect time for water sports at the beach. The monsoon is considered too risky for such sports.
To reach the Benaulim Beach by air, you have to take a flight to the Dabolim Airport which is only a mere 23.2 kilometres from the beach. the airport counter rents taxis. The connecting flights through these are Indigo, Air India, Etihad, Air Asia, Qatar Airways, Air Arabia, and Jet Airways. Margao railway station is only 10 kilometres from the beach and the city of panaji is only at a distance of 36.6 kilometres.
There are some beautiful churches near the beach. A lot of people come here to see the beautiful rococo architecture of the St. John the Baptist church. There is also a parish just beside the church and also a cemetery across the street.
This is one of the most famous museums to visit in Goa. There are workshops organised here for students and also more than 4000 artifacts to see here. It also showcases the traditional agrarian lifestyle of Goa. Workshops are also organized for school and university students.
There are bullfighting events organised in the beach of Benaulim. A lot of people gather here to see these fights. A large crowd is seen cheering the fight as Konkani music plays in the background.
You can visit many other beaches in South Goa.
This is a lobby bar that also has a disco. The club is located in the Taj Exotica Hotel. This nightclub is different from other clubs in Goa since their interior has a Hollywood theme. This is what makes this cub really unique. Parties re held here during the weekends. The rest of the days there are solo and band music performances held here.
This club is open from 12:00 in the afternoon till midnight. The peak hour is between 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM and drinks are served with a discount.
This is a very good place for live music. The genres of music played here are retro or reggae and classic rock.