Mobor is another one of the beaches in South Goa. It is right next to the Cavelossim Beach. This beach is only 2 kilometres long and it remains calm and seren throughout the year. The beach only has a few beach shacks, a few small hotels, guest houses as well as luxury villas which are just a little distance away from the sea. The sea is also not very turbulent here and safe for swimming. The entertainment activities here are water sports, river cruising, Dolphin watching and bird watching.
1. The Mobor Beach is connected to the Margao by the MDR43. The distance is only 20.3 kilometres here.
2. Some water sports available here are spedd boats, banana boats, wind surfing, parasailing and water skiing. Another activity here is also bicycling on the beach.
3. There are also many Ayurvedic treatment centres, massage parlours and spas on the beach here. These are accompanied by beach shacks, restaurants and cafes.
4. There are cruises over the Sal River that provides the tourists with the opportunity of seeing birds and also dophins. Fishing trips are also organised for the tourists here.
The best time to visit this beach is during the months of winter, which is from
November to February. The restaurants and the beach shacks are all opened in this time. This
is the peak tourist season and water sports are available in this time. The cruises are also
available in this time and dolphins and migrating birds are also seen in these months.
How to Reach Mobor Beach –
The Dabolim International Airport is the closest airport to this beach. It is only at a
distance of 37.9 kilometres from the beach. The airlines connecting this airport are Rossiya
Airlines, Vistara, GoAir, AirAsia, Air India, IndiGo, SpiceJet, Qatar Airways, et cetera. The
closest railway station is at Margao as a distance of 16.6 kilometres. If you’re travelling by
road, the Margao city centre is onlu at a distance of 20.2 kilometres.
Activities at Mobor Beach –
1. Biking – Biking is one of the favourite activities of the tourists here. Several hotels at
the beach rent out bikes. The beach is very wide and not very crowded and easy to
ride a bike on. The cold breeze from the sea makes the weather very favourable for a
bike ride too. If it is in the months of winter, there is also no fear of rainfall.
2. Water Sports – There is a lot of water sports on the Mobor Beach. You can choose
from wind surfing, parasailing, speed and banana boats, and water skiing.
3. Beach Shacks – There are many beach shacks here. Some of them are – Pearl’s,
Sam’s, and Mikes. They are located in the central beach. You can order a drink and
some food and stay here quite a while just enjoying yourself. You can enjoy your time
watching the people play games on the beach like soccer or volleyball.
PLACES TO VISIT NEAR MOBOR BEACH
Betul Fort, Lighthouse – This lighthouse was built in the year 1679 by the Maratha Ruler,
Shivaji Maharaj. The fort is situated at the mouth of the river. Even though there is not much
to see in the fort itself, the fort provides beautiful scenery of the sea and the river. It was built
strategically so was to get a clear view of the river and the sea.
Cutbona Jetty – This is the busiest fish harbour of the South Goa
Churches – There are also many churches and Hindu temples here that you can go to. Some
such churches here are Holy Cross Chapel, the Jesus of Nazareth Chapel, Cutbona Chapel. ,
and the Our Lady of Lourdes
Beaches – It is very easy and convenient to visit the beaches in South Goa from this beach.
You can easily visit Palolem, Cola, Agonda and even Patnem that’s further south.