Peechi Vazhani Wildlife Sanctuary
This is one of the oldest sanctuaries in the state. Surrounded by reservoirs of two dams, this region is a paradise for many lifeforms. This wildlife sanctuary is also famous for orchid and medicinal plants.
Best time to Peechi Vazhani Wildlife Sanctuary
March to October
How to reach Peechi Vazhani Wildlife Sanctuary?
- Nearest railway station : Thrissur railway station (22 km away)
- Nearest airport : Kochi airport (98 km away)
- Nearest town : Thrissur (Thannichuvadu) (20 km away)
- INR 10 for adults
- INR 5 for children
The park is open from 8 in the morning to 6 in the evening, every day
Things to do in Peechi Vazhani Wildlife Sanctuary
- Jungle safari
- Nature walk
- Boat safari
- Bird watching
Birds and Animals to Watch out For
Top animals to spot are elk, deer, elephants, bison, barking deer, fox, leopard, tiger and others.
There are more than 60 species of birds here and a few species of snakes.
Places to visit Near Peechi Vazhani Wildlife Sanctuary
- Guruvayur temple
- Vazhachal waterfalls
- Palayoor church
Suggested places to Stay
You can find basic accommodation facilities inside the reserve area. If you are looking for luxury options, you can book hotels in Thrissur.
- Bring mosquito repellent with you.
- Wear thick shoes during safari
- Avoid teasing or harming animals or birds