Begur Wildlife Sanctuary
Located in a plateau, this sanctuary is famous for picturesque surrounding, wildlife wealth and others.
Best time to visit Begur Wildlife Sanctuary
December to May
How to reach Begur Wildlife Sanctuary?
- Nearest railway station : Thalassery railway station (80 km away)
- Nearest airport : Kozhikode airport (106 km away)
- Nearest town : Mananthavady (20 km away)
INR 10 per head per day
The park is open from 6 in the morning to 5:30 in the evening.
Things to do in Begur Wildlife Sanctuary
- Jungle walks
Birds and Animals to Watch out For
Top animals to spot are bear, panther, elephants, jungle cat, monkeys, spotted deer, wild dogs, bison and others. Top birds to spot are black bulbul, peafowl and others.
Places to visit Near Begur Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kabini River
- Wayanad Jain Temple
- Pakshipathalam bird sanctuary
- Banasura dam
- Thusharagiri waterfalls
- Kanthanpara waterfalls
Suggested places to Stay
There is no accommodation option inside the park. You can find decent accommodation near the park. If you are looking for luxury accommodations, choose hotels and resorts in Vythiri.
- Carry mosquito repellent and wear sunscreen lotion
- Wear warm clothes even if you are visiting during summer.
- void monsoon season at any cost