Top 6 Eco-friendly Resorts and Hotels in India to Visit in 2022
The eco-friendly tourism is developing in India. Eco-friendly does not mean primitive or cheap. You can enjoy a signature luxury vacation in an eco-friendly tour. We bring forward top eco-friendly hotels and resorts in India that provide a fabulous experience. These places are not just earth-friendly but they are refreshing and exotic in many elements.
#1. Coconut lagoon
- Location : – Kumarakom, Kerala
- Best time to visit : – October to March
- Price : – starting at 15,000 INR for a double bedroom
- Best deals : – substantial discounts are found during monsoon season
- Top eco-features: – chemical-free zone, organic farming, vermiculture, green fuel and so on
- Top amenities : – sunset cruise, Ayurvedic spa, backwater boating, authentic traditional cuisine and so on.
Located in the middle of a lake, this property can be reached only by boat. You can find a lot of water based activities and amenities inside this resort. It is also famous for its history element.
The wooden building that float on the water is crafted keeping tradition in mind. These building replicate the architecture value of 100-year-old mansions and houses found in the state. The Ayurvedic spa inside the hotel is another interesting element.
Explore some of the famous article of Kerala:-
- Hill Station of Kerala
- Beaches of Kerala
- Wildlife in Kerala
- Culture of Kerala
- Top Reasons to Visit Kerala
- Weather in Kerala
Suggested article:- Best time to visit Kerala Backwaters
Suggested Tour Packages:- 15 Days Tamil Nadu & Kerala Tour
#2. Orange County
- Location : – Kabini, Karnataka
- Best time to visit: – October to March
- Price : – starting at 33,000 INR per night
- Best deals : – substantial discounts for longer stays
- Top eco-features : – plastic-free zone, windmill electricity, eco sewage treatment and others
- Top amenities : – boat rides, safari, private pool, nature walk, spa, night trails and so on.
The resort is located close to Nagarhole National park. The resort provides tours to the park and other wildlife activities. This resort has been recognized as one of the top 25 best eco lodges in the world.
Surrounded by Kabini River, the serenity of the place is remarkable. The rooms are designed like tribal huts. There are 28 spacious huts with private Jacuzzi or plunge pool. The spa inside the resort provide therapeutic treatments too.
Read more – Best National Parks To Visit In Karnataka
#3. Kanha Earth Lodge
- Location : – Near Kanha national park, Madhya Pradesh
- Best time to visit : – September to December
- Price : – starting at 18,000 INR for accommodation, safari and other activities
- Best deals: – substantial discounts depends on tour packages and season
- Top eco-features : – organic vegetables and fruits, energy saving lights, solar lights, green fuel, rainwater harvesting, plastic-free zone and others
- Top amenities : – Bird watching trips, cycling trips, nature walk, safari, swimming pool and so on.
Located amidst mahua tree that merges into a lush forest, this is the ideal place for nature lovers. You can find interesting activities inside the resorts and in the national park. Since the lodge is secluded, you can enjoy nature in the raw form, as it is intended to be.
You can enjoy jeep rides from the lodge to the Kanha National Park, if desired. The hotel has 12 cottages built with recycled wood and stone in the tribal style. You can find large porches, pools and enough space in each cottage to enjoy a complete private vacation.
Suggested Tour Packages:- 10 Days Wildlife Tour from Mumbai
#4. The Tamara
- Location : – Coorg, Karnataka
- Best time to visit : – Throughout the year
- Price : – Starting at 21000 INR per night for accommodation and meals
- Best deals : – Substantial discounts for advance booking before 60 days or more from the date of accommodation.
- Top eco-features: – Chlorine free pools, organic cooking, local ingredients and others.
- Top amenities : – Candle-lit dinner near waterfalls, yoga classes, meditation classes, spa, Ayurveda treatment and spice plantation visit and so on.
Location amidst exotic plantations of cardamom, coffee, pepper and others, this is the best place for romance. The resort has 30 luxury cottages, which are made with eco-friendly materials like wood, stilts and others. You can enjoy many nature-filled activities.
The place is famous for romance-inducing natural attractions. The resort is not open for children below the age of 12. Intimate dining options are also provided in the resort.
Suggested article:- 10 Most Popular Waterfalls in Karnataka, You Must Visit!
Suggested Tour Packages:- 11 Days Karnataka & Kerala Tour
#5. Alila Diwa
- Location: – Near Gonsua beach, Goa
- Best time to visit: – Throughout the year
- Price : – starting at 7,000 INR for a double bedroom
- Best deals: – Increase in price during December – minimum 13,000 INR for a double bedroom
- Top eco-features : – eco-friendly building materials, supports local community, Gift-to-share program and others
- Top amenities : – swimming pools, open air Jacuzzi, bar, library, shuttle bus to beach and others
The resort is surrounded by acres of green paddy fields. The resort is also very close beach. There are about 150 rooms divided into two wings. The resort is built in traditional Goan style with contemporary design. Luxury and exceptional service are the two main elements of this resort. Alila means surprise and the resort focuses on providing unparalleled vacation elements.
Read more about Goa:-
Suggested article:- Which is Best Goa?- North Vs South Goa Attraction
Suggested Tour Packages:- 8 Days Goa Kerala Mumbai
#6. Nimmu House
- Location: – Leh & Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir
- Best time to visit: – June to September
- Price: – Starting at 9,950 INR for a double bedroom including breakfast and dinner.
- Best deals: – Get best offer before 30 – 45 days from the date of accommodation.
- Top amenities: – Gardens, Internet, Picnic lunch, Restaurant, Transfers, Treks and Guided Trips
Nimmu house is located in Nimmu village which is approx 40 minutes from Leh. There are about 30 rooms, 12 luxury guest house, five luxury tents and 2 Buddhist temples inside the resorts. This resort is also close to Indus and Zanskar rivers.
Nimmu house is surrounded by an orchard of apricot, apple, and walnut trees. You can enjoy Mountain View and Garden view from the room. Local Ladakh cuisine are also available here.
Travel Information about Ladakh:-
- How to Reach Ladakh
- Ladakh Tours & Travel tips
- Top Reasons to Visit Ladakh
- Religion & Culture of Ladakh
- Camel Safari in Ladakh
Suggested article:- Complete Travel Guide to Plan Your Ladakh trip
Suggested Tour Packages:- 10 Days Adventure Tour from Delhi
These are just few eco-friendly resorts in the country. This is not an exclusive list and the honorable mentions are Wildernest Nature Resort of Goa, Dune Eco beach of Pondicherry, Spice Village of Kerala, Mountain Trail of Uttarakhand, Backbuck lodge of Gujarat, Nameri Eco camp of Assam and others.
Before you choose an eco-resort, make sure to surf about the amenities inside the resort and the right season to visit the destination. Each state has a unique tourism season during which the place will be at prime beauty.
Planning a trip to India in 2021, 2022 so, check out the Top 10 Monsoon Destinations in India
Must Read: Best Luxury Boutique Hotels in Goa for a Memorable Stay