Best Time To Visit Kerala Backwaters – Timming Matters A Lot
Kerala is one of the most beautiful tourism destinations. It is called as the princess of nature. It has a rich natural exquisiteness that most of the other places lack. Due to the location of the place, there is no extreme weather condition all through the year. But, there is a season for everything in Kerala.
April to August is the best time for Ayurvedic treatment, October to November is best for honeymooners.
So, what about Kerala backwaters? here is complete guide that you know the best season to experience Kerala backwaters.
Season Guide to Experience Kerala Backwaters
March to May – the summer season
The summer season marks the end of cold climate in Kerala. Thus, all the water bodies would be chock-a-block with water. The temperature would be slightly hot and humid. This is the best time to enjoy the Kerala backwaters in Alleppey. All the water based activities can be enjoyed during this season. Beaches of Thriuvanthapuram would also be at its prime form.
Suggested Tour: 6 Nights and 7 Days Kerala Honeymoon Tour
June to August – the monsoon season
The rainy season would last till the end of August. The rain would freshen up the green lush of the land and make it more attractive. The smell of mud and fresh leaves would perk up your energy. People can enjoy Kovalam backwaters during this season. Sightseeing in Idukki and Wayanad would be alluring during this season.
Suggested Tour: 14 Nights and 14 Days Kerala Ayurveda Tour Package
September to March – the winter season
The weather would be pleasant all through the winter season. This is the prime time for all tourism activities in Kerala and people flock the place to enjoy all backwaters. The top Kerala backwaters to enjoy during this season are Munroe Island, kollam, Kasargod, Alleppey and others.
Suggested Tour: 6 Nights and 7 Days Kerala Tour Package
Best season – Monsoon season
People usually avoid monsoon season because they are afraid that the place would be muddy, wet and inconvenient. But, the answer is no. The monsoon season would be pleasant and pleasing in Kerala. Just because it is an off-season time in Kerala, it does not mean that you can enjoy backwaters during this time. As a matter of fact, the best time to visit the backwaters is the monsoon season and here are the reasons.
Read More: 5 Nights and 6 Days Kerala Wildlife Tour
Suggested Tour: 3 Nights and 4 Days Kerala Tour Package
- A lot of romantic spots become available during the monsoon season and the sound of the rain drops on the coconut leaves is electrifying.
- Wayanad, Vagamon, Alappuzha, Kumarakom, Bekal. Kovalam, Thekkady and Munnar would be spectacular during the monsoon season.
- You can get almost 50% discounts and other attractive deals on houseboats on backwaters during the monsoon.
- You can enjoy the snake boat race on the Pamba River during the monsoon season (during Onam festival time).
- Waterfalls would be bravura during the monsoon season than any other month.
- Backwater cruise are more common during monsoon season. Alappuzhu canal cruise, Almkadavu Kollam ruise, Alappuzha Kochi cruise and many others are available during this season.
- It is a big mistake to miss the beauty of Munnar during the monsoon season as the tea plantation and valley spots would become the cascades of beauty with the rain.
What are you waiting for? Grab a Kerala vacation package and visit all the important attractions and watch the exclusive and startling beauty of the God’s Own Country.
Read More: Top Six Best Beach Resorts In Kerala
Get best offer on 15 Days South India Tour
You can also explore the wildlife sanctuaries of South India with 15 days South India Wildlife Tour
Get to know more travel information of Kerala such as:-